Click on any blog title to view in a native WordPress format
Dave Blinder Nature Photography Blog
- Fog on Canty’s LakeFog on Canty’s LakeSilas Condict County Park, Kinnelon NJMy favorite part of this scene is the reflection of the tree and slight ripple to the water.Canon 10-18mm STM + EOS M50
- Canty’s Lake and Casino in FogCanty’s Lake and Casino in FogSilas Condict County Park, Kinnelon NJ“It is rumored that the building was a speakeasy in days of the Prohibition era.”
- Elevated Camera on Tripod for Landscape Photography
Filmed at Silas Condict County Park in Kinnelon NJ. A great facility administered by the Morris County Park Commission.
This morning I was using an elevated handheld tripod technique to remove perspective distortion from my landscape photography.
It helps to have a lightweight setup and strong tripod for this technique.
Canon M50 + 10-18mm STM lens + Manfrotto tripod
Results to follow!
- Boardwalk through ForestBoardwalk through ForestVernon, New JerseyVisit the Pochuck Boardwalk – https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/new-jersey/stairway-to-heaven-and-pochuck-valley-via-appalachian-trail
- Gray Skies at Splitrock ReservoirGray Skies at Splitrock ReservoirRockaway Township NJI love walking the rocky bluffs around Splitrock, they are good for wildlife observation and also good for landscape shooting.
- Chalk-fronted Corporal dragonflyChalk-fronted CorporalEgbert’s Lake, Rockaway Township NJMore info on the Chalk-fronted Corporal – https://njodes.org/Pages/SpeciesAccount.aspx?id=468
- Elfin Skimmer dragonflyElfin SkimmerDover Forge, Ocean County NJThe smallest dragonfly found in NJ and not the easiest to photograph either.More info on the Elfin Skimmer – https://blogs.stockton.edu/ssnh/insects-other-invertebrates/our-smallest-dragonfly-and-most-valuable-habitat/
- Macro Photography Program in Warren CountyJust putting the finishing touches on slides for my photography program on Macro Photography tonight in Oxford NJThere’s still time to sign-up and attend
- Cedar Creek at Double Trouble State ParkCedar CreekDouble Trouble State Park, Ocean County NJI consider Double Trouble “the gateway drug to the Pinelands”. The park is very close to the Garden State Parkway (exit 77) and the trails are very visitor friendly. The diversity of wildlife, plants, and scenery is quite remarkable at this gem of a natural area.Visit Double Trouble State Park –Tamron SP 15-30mm + Canon 5Dsr
- Blue-winged Warbler at Wildcat Ridge WMABlue-winged WarblerWildcat Ridge Wildlife Management Area, Rockaway Twp, NJFact – 100% of people who think birdwatching is boring have never laid eyes on a Blue-winged Warbler. (source = Dave Blinder)More info on the Blue-winged Warbler – https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Blue-winged_Warbler/overviewMore information on Wildcat Ridge WMA – https://www.njfishandwildlife.com/wldcthwk.htm