Click on any blog title to view in a native WordPress format
Dave Blinder Nature Photography Blog
- Apshawa ReflectionsApshawa ReflectionsApshawa Preserve, West Milford NJThis small pond is along the Purple Trail and not far from the main parking area.Visit Apshawa Preserve – https://www.njconservation.org/preserve/apshawa-preserve/Canon 5Dsr + Tamron SP 15-30mm VC
- Ruby-throated Hummingbird
Taken recently, through living room window. It only took about 3 days of having a new filled feeder out for a local Hummingbird to start visiting us. I put a feeder up in both the frontyard and the backyard and intentionally placed the feeders in habitat that includes both sunlight and a little bit of tree cover. My plan seemed to be to the birds’ liking so far.
Tamron SP 150-600mm VC G2 + Canon SL2
- Morning Light on Highlands TrailMorning Light on Highlands TrailMahlon Dickerson County Reservation, Jefferson NJMore info on the Highlands Trail – http://www.njskylands.com/odhikehitrCanon 5Dsr + Tamron SP 15-30mm VC
- Caught red-handedCaught doing what I love to do, speaking about photography. Here is an image from a presentation I gave last night at the Pike Imaging Council.Thank you for the photo Allan Weingarten! Great group of artists at the PIC in Milford PA.
- Late Day Sun and Marl WorksLate Day Sun and Marl WorksWhite Lake Natural Resource Area, Hardwick, NJAs the sun lowered on the horizon only a few stray rays of light penetrated the forest around White Lake.Canon 5Dsr + Tamron 15-30mm Lens
- Trail and Marl WorksTrail and Marl WorksWhite Lake Natural Resource Area, Hardwick NJIt is difficult to show the sheer size of the ruins in a single photograph but here is the hiking trail winding around the old Marl Works.Mi from Metrotrails has posted a historic photo here – https://www.facebook.com/metrotrails/photos/a.977726748930530/1111942512175619/Canon 5Dsr + Tamron SP 15-30mm
“Landscapes of New Jersey” by Dave Blinder
On display for the month of august at the Bernardsville Public Library in Somerset County. Great facility to exhibit and view artwork!
Note: the collection is not for sale, this is for educational purposes only. I do have a handout with links to all 21 of the nature areas which you can pickup up the library or I can email you the pdf.
1 Anderson Hill Road Bernardsville, NJ 07924
- Mullica River in Late DayMullica River in Late DayBurlington County, NJTaken on the canoe launch nearby to Batsto Village in the Pinelands.
- Morning Light on Woodland TrailMorning Light on Woodland TrailMerrill Creek Reservoir, Warren County NJI liked how the morning sun swept through a sliver across the forest providing some shadows and highlights in the understory.Visit Merrill Creek Reservoir – https://merrillcreek.com/Canon 5Dsr + Tamron SP 15-30mm
- View from Sunrise MountainView from Sunrise MountainStokes State Forest, Sussex County, New JerseyGreat panoramic views atop Sunrise Mountain and you can often interact with hikers working their ways North on the Appalachian Trail.Canon 5Dsr + Tamron SP 15-30mm lens.Visit Stokes State Forest – https://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/stokes.html